Create space at home today while adding value for tomorrow
We build small, flexible spaces that are designed for value and built to last.
Find out what you can build in your backyard today
Why build an ADU?
What's the process?
What can I build?
One point of contact
start to finish
Space isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity. With Capital Dwelling, adding space to your home is simple, affordable and stress-free.
The Capital Dwelling difference is in our turnkey experience, including:
- Residential permitting
- Custom architecture and design
- General contracting
- Construction and build
- Site prep and clean up
Starting at 96 SQFT
From $38,000 ($350/MO. )i
Our home offices keep you close to family, while maintaining enough privacy to get things done. These fully finished spaces are the perfect solution for your WFH lifestyle.
- Limitless configurations allow for ultimate customization
- Energy-efficient space designed to control sound and temperature
- Designed for reliable, high-speed connectivity from home
Starting at 256 SQFT
From $60,000 ($600/MO.)i
Need a little more room to stretch out? Suites provide extra space and independence while still fitting comfortably within your backyard.
- Includes a half bath for added convenience and functionality
- Open floor plan accommodates a wide variety of uses and provides added flexibility over time
- Control the look and feel of your space with our interchangeable panel system
Starting at 384 SQFT
From $120,000 ($995/MO.)i
Our accessory dwelling units are essentially backyard homes: perfect independent living areas for loved ones who need to be close to home and a great source of rental income when they’re not being used by the family.
- Each ADU is finished with a well-appointed kitchen and a full modern bathroom
- Design and material options allow you to match the character of your primary residence or take things in an exciting new direction
- Flexibility to make each buildout ADA compliant for wheelchairs
The efficient use of space, flexible layout and an economical and sustainable design are also perfect for supporting a number of commercial uses.
- Affordable infill neighborhoods and cottage communities
- Private housing within a corporate or community retreat
- Temporary housing or short-term office facilities
Why customers choose Capital Dwelling
We take care of
From design to zoning to permitting to construction, we handle all aspects of your project from start to finish. We are the only contact you need to remember and we are extremely responsive.
We know the area because we are from the area
The regulations that determine what you can build and where you can build it are established locally and they can change quite a bit from county to county. We have experience with permitting throughout the Washington region and we will navigate the local zoning process on your behalf.
Get the most value for your money
Our designs and construction methods are optimized to save you time and money. Modular construction means that our products are measured and cut in a controlled environment, which results in a higher quality product, faster installation times and lower labor costs.